The Dutch Innovation Award is based on the Dutch Innovation Monitor (Nederlandse Innovatie Monitor), one of the largest annual survey-based studies on innovation in the Netherlands. The survey and award are initiatives of the UvA's Amsterdam Centre for Business Innovation. Henk Volberda, Professor of Strategic Management and Innovation at the Amsterdam Business School, is director of the Amsterdam Centre for Business Innovation.
Based on responses from survey participants, desk research and site visits, 3 organisations have been nominated for the 2021 award.
The 3 finalists (listed alphabetically) are:
The winner will be announced on the AVROTROS television programme De Wereld van Morgen set to air on NPO1 on Monday 25 October.
A jury of experts will then choose the winner of the Dutch Innovation Award 2021. The members of the jury are:
- Hans Boumans – Technology Transfer Manager TNO
- Thomas Grosfeld – Innovation specialist and Top Sector policy VNO-NCW
- Mariëtte Hamer – President of the Social and Economic Council of the Netherlands
- Donovan van Heuven – Editor-in-Chief MT/Sprout
- Geert Huizinga – Director of FME advocacy group
- Carla Moonen – Chair Koninklijke NLingenieurs
- Greet Prins – Chairman of the Board, Chamber of Commerce
- Sjaak van der Tak – Chair, Netherlands Agricultural and Horticultural Association
- Albert Jan Thomassen – Director FBNet Familiebedrijven
- Focco Vijselaar – Director-General for Enterprise and Innovation,
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
- Pieter Waasdorp – Director Entrepreneurship, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
- Henk Volberda – Professor of Strategy & Innovation, Amsterdam Business School, University of Amsterdam and Director Amsterdam Centre for Business Innovation (research leader and jury chair).